Friday, April 4, 2014

Same stamp - different design

I have already shared these cards over on my other blog - the Craft Nest, so this is just a post to put them on the blog they really belong in.

This is a discovery which came about quite by accident. Look at the following two pictures.


The first one is a card project I made on a watercolor paper panel with distress inks (see 'One').
I didn't like it but as you know I never throw anything away, I put it to one side for a future grid project. Then I thought I could stamp over the top of it with this solid background stamp and get a different effect. So I inked it up with Old paper distress and stamped over the top but the result was not to be desired. I noticed I still  had ink on my stamp so stamped it again onto a regular piece of beige cardstock (see 'Two'). And what did I notice - I had picked up the ink from the watercolor paper panel  which gave me a nice effect. So instead of inking the paper, the paper inks your stamp!



This is a card I made using this technique and the above watercolor panel. I sprayed my stamp with water and let the paper ink my stamp up. Lovely to use all those small stamps that hardly get used, too. I think that this works best with a shadow stamp of some kind.


This is my second card with this stamp. No technique here. This is for the Birthday challenge over on the Hero Arts Blog.

Have a lovely weekend and thank you so much for your visit!
Jacqueline

5 comments:

  1. Jacqueline, all I can say is you can do no wrong with your cards. Each and every one is a masterpiece. I even like #1. It has that whimsical feeling to it.You managed to turn it into something worthy of framing.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. both your cards are so different yet both are just lovely - can't even pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, your cards are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacqueline I've just discovered your blog and I can't stop scrolling through the pages! Who knew so many gorgeous creations could be made with inchies! TFS your wonderful creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonjour,

    J'adore ses styles différents pour un même tampon.
    Travail superbe.
    Que d'idées !
    Bravo

    MaryannG

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit!

Mix and match and added sewing

Another way to use up all the snippets and cut-outs which need to find a home. The added feature to this card is sewing, which I love to do ...